Share your organisation’s expertise and develop your competences through BEDA’s Clusters.
Those of you who attended BEDA’s GA+ in Milan in June last year will remember a lot of discussion about BEDA’s idea of inviting members to join various competence or knowledge Clusters.
The thinking behind this is very much in line with the search for and creation of the European Centres of Competence; BEDA’s members represent a wide field of experiences, competences, support programmes, and numerous activities within the design field. We are convinced (supported by members during the last GA+), that it is vital to the continued development of our professional design competences that we identify those who show particular expertise within an area. BEDA would like to be able to open up this particular competence to other members who are interested in increasing their own competence within this field.
BEDA held a workshop in Antwerp in October to set the foundations of the programme, with the BEDA Board agreeing the first three ‘pilot’ clusters in December:
- Design for All / Inclusive Design, led by Norwegian Centre for Design and Architecture (NO)
- European Design and Business Dialogue, led by Designaustria (AT)
- User-centred Design, led by Cité du Design (FR)
BEDA will be announcing new clusters in 2016. The proposed clusters so far are:
- Measuring Design Value, proposed by BCD (ES)
- Design for Circular Economy, proposed by BCD (ES)
- Design Effectiveness, proposed by DBA (UK)
- Design for Place Innovation, proposed by SVID (SE)
- Design Policy, proposed by PDR Wales (UK)
BEDA welcomes new proposals or ideas from members.