To make the websites managed by BEDA work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. You can manage your consent at any time by clicking the Manage consent button below. This will show the cookie consent bar at the bottom of the page where you can set your preference.Manage consent
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
You will be prompted to accept or decline cookies on websites managed by BEDA on your first visit. Your cookie preference automatically expires after the defined duration (see below), so if you visit again after that, you will be prompted to accept or decline cookies again.
The purpose is to enable the site to remember your preferences (such as cookie settings, passwords, etc.) for a certain period of time. That way, you do not have to re-enter them when browsing around the site during the same visit.
Cookies can also be used to establish anonymised statistics about the browsing experience on our sites.
The website managed by BEDA mostly uses third-party cookies. These are cookies set and controlled by external organisations.
However, to view some of our pages, you will have to accept first-party cookies.
The BEDA website may use following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies which cannot be disabled (first-party cookie)
- Analytics cookies about user behaviour (third-party cookie).
1. Strictly necessary cookies
Cookie type and duration: First-party persistent cookie, 12 months
2. Analytics Cookies
Purpose: BEDA may use Google Analytics to measure how you use BEDA’s website so we can improve it based on user needs. Google Analytics sets cookies that store anonymised information:
- How you arrived at the site
- Pages you visit on the BEDA website and how long you spend on each page
- What you interact with while visiting the BEDA website
We will not allow Google to share the data about how you use our website.
Cookie type and duration: Third-party cookie, 12 months
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. If you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, over which we have no control.
Third-party providers on BEDA website
How can you manage cookies?
Removing cookies from your device
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited.
Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Managing site-specific cookies
For more detailed control over site-specific cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser.
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And some services and functionalities may not work properly at all.