ICC City Performance Report: EU Cities Championing the Green and Digital Transition
The Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC) has published ICC City Performance Report: EU Cities Championing the Green and Digital Transition which summarises the vision, methodology, achievements, challenges and opportunities for cities across Europe and beyond throughout the programme.
ICC 2020-2022 edition has significantly contributed to the green and digital transition in 136 European cities. Here are some of the key points:
- Green and Digital Transition: Assisted cities in transitioning to green and digital economies through Local Green Deals and five thematic tracks.
- Financial Allocation: A total of €1.9 billion was allocated for ICC city initiatives, with an additional €247 million in public funding from EU, national, and regional sources.
- Local Green Deals and Skills Pact: 42 cities advanced in launching Local Green Deals, and 35 cities joined the Pact for Skills for workforce development.
- COVID-19 Disruptions: The pandemic posed significant disruptions, demanding flexible strategies for public health and economic stability.
- Financial Access: Cities encountered difficulties in securing funding for urban initiatives, requiring innovative financing approaches.
- Role Model Potential: Small and medium-sized cities have the opportunity to become regional exemplars.
- Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing: Cities can collaborate, share best practices, and create synergistic solutions by pooling resources and partnerships, enhancing the overall network.
The Full Article and Report: www.intelligentcitieschallenge.eu/news/icc-ci[…]al-transition
Last updated: 16/11/23